ICAR Foundation developed within the project “EVA IRFAM – There is Hidden Violence Affecting Migrant Women” a working guide for specialists who work with victims of gender-based violence among migrants/refugees.
The guide was developed by the project team, with the support of the Norwegian partner, and is intended to be a working tool for people who work or encounter migrants who are either victims or potential victims of gender-based violence.
It is mainly dedicated to specialists, but it can also be a useful tool for migrants, containing various information of interest to those who have faced/are facing situations of gender-based violence.
The guide contains information on:
- Categories of migrants vulnerable to gender-based violence;
- Forms of gender-based violence and the effects of exposure to gender-based violence;
- National and international legislation;
- The rights of victims of gender-based violence;
- Responsible institutions and services offered to victims of gender-based violence.
At the same time, it also contains information on the experience of Norway and the ICAR Foundation in working with gender-based violence.
The work guide for specialists (Romanian version) can be viewed by accessing the following link: https://icar-evairfam.ro/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/EVA-IRFAM_Ghid-de-lucru-specialisti.pdf .